Forest School is designed to enhance and compliment our day to day curriculum in Foundation Stage. It offers all our children opportunities to develop confidence, self-esteem, and to experience achievement, every Wedneday, within the wooded grounds of the Convent in Rearsby.
Taking part in Forest School activities have been proven to:
* Increase the self-esteem and self-confidence of individuals who take part.
* Improve an individual’s ability to work co-operatively and increases their awareness of others.
* Counter a lack of motivation and negative attitude to learning.
* Encourage ownership and pride in the local environment.
* Encourage an improved relationship with, and better understanding of, the outdoors.
* Increase the skills and knowledge of the individuals who take part.
* Encourage and teach children to manage risk, through using tools, equipment and making and using fires.
(O’Brian. L, Murray. 2006. A Marvellous Opportunity for children to Learn. Forest Research)